• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The food of Bretagne

Abra

I was invited to a gorgeous Breton lunch yesterday, for which I made kouign aman and gateau Breton. Photos and some recipes are here. This has really gotten me in the mood for our upcoming trip to Bretagne.

If you have some suggestions for less-known foods not to miss, please post them here. Shellfish, galettes, and of course kouign aman are already on the list.

Look out for craquelins, although you're more likely to see them in shops than restaurants (having said that, I first ate them in an amuse at Le Cantorbery in Dinan). This site explains them although St Malo are not my favourite brand.

Far Breton and caramel au beurre sale, although you've probably already thought of those.

Caroline