• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cajun Kate's

philadining

It's probably a little cruel to post this now, I think softshell crab season is pretty much over, so I doubt we'll see these again for a while, but just keep it in mind for next spring: whenever Cajun Kate's offers Softshell Crab PoBoys, get yourself down there and have one.

Kates-SoftShellPoboy.jpg

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Alas I am limited to the first floor of my house for the next 9 days, 23 hours and 14 minutes. Seems I fractured my femur in an attempt to purchase some wings from Phoebe's. My fault, not their's, though I will likely take away a grease stain out of selfish spite.

Too bad Don hasn't started up a Center City delivery service.

And yes, the crab is a little scary-looking, but it's more delicious than terrifying.

One thinks that until the mutated soft shell crab jumps off the bun grabs on to one's face and claws up the nose into one's brain.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Seems I fractured my femur in an attempt to purchase some wings from Phoebe's.

Holly, get well soon. Gotta let dem bones mesh!

And yes, the crab is a little scary-looking, but it's more delicious than terrifying.

One thinks that until the mutated soft shell crab jumps off the bun grabs on to one's face and claws up the nose into one's brain.

That's so scary! I'll never eat a softshell again. (I'M A LIAR!)

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

Hmmm, maybe that's what happened: the mutant softshell that has taken over my brain is typing good reviews for itself, pretending to be Philadining's former free-will self.

Sorry to hear about your injury. It's an important lesson - wings can be dangerous! Speedy recovery, I hope you can get back out and make your rounds soon, I suspect there are a lot of sandwich shop owners wondering if they have offended you in some way!

philadining.com

• 1 year later...

Cajun Kate's 5th Anniversary this weekend! (August 12-13, 2011)

They have a special seafood gumbo, oyster po-boys, and more:

http://cajunkates.com/

Be sure to pre-order that gumbo if you want to be sure to get some, they sell out...

philadining.com

Oddly enough I was randomly here on Saturday. I'm rarely ever in that area and was brought to the market by my fiance's parents. I thought to myself, "I think there MIGHT be something good in here." We all split the gumbo, jambalaya, muffaletta and the fried mac and cheese. It was awesome. Super small space, nice guys behind the counter. The overall farmer's market is a totally weird mashup of a flea market-food court-farmer's market-dollar/general store-bazaar. Interesting, to say the least. Some really awesome looking food stalls though.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson