• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hotel Cookbooks

Jakea222

I have had a couple of famous 5 star resort cookbooks and am wanting to expand that collection. Example - The Waldorf Astoria - The Greenbrier Hotel and I want to know if you guys know of sites that I could find OR know of good specific books that would be on the same level of "fine" dining hotels and resorts that I should add to my new collection. Thanks

Edited by Jakea222 (log)

I'd check with Bonnie Slotnick or Kitchen Arts and Letters.

I have the Greenbrier cookbook and love it for its visuals. I think it was the first fancy cookbook I owned- got it while on a family vacation there.

Have you seen the Inn at Little Washington cookbook? Beautiful.

I have had a couple of famous 5 star resort cookbooks and am wanting to expand that collection.  Example - The Waldorf Astoria - The Greenbrier Hotel and I want to know if you guys know of sites that I could find OR know of good specific books that would be on the same level of "fine" dining hotels and resorts that I should add to my new collection.  Thanks

I think if you google "old cookbooks" you'll find a site that had all sorts of old cookbooks, them cookbooks, advertising cookbooks etc.

I wish I could be more specific.

I have had a couple of famous 5 star resort cookbooks and am wanting to expand that collection.  Example - The Waldorf Astoria - The Greenbrier Hotel and I want to know if you guys know of sites that I could find OR know of good specific books that would be on the same level of "fine" dining hotels and resorts that I should add to my new collection.  Thanks

http://www.oldcookbooks.com/

Here's the site.