• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Primanti Brothers

Kim Shook

Mr. Kim and his friend are coming to P'burgh for the Steeler's game this Friday. They want to eat at Primanti Brothers, but not the one at the stadium. They are staying at the airport. I noticed online that most of the locations are open very late - so they could eat before or after the game depending on what time they get to P'burgh. They are looking for which location that would be between the airport (where their hotel is) and the stadium. Thanks for the help!!

Mr. Kim and his friend are coming to P'burgh for the Steeler's game this Friday.  They want to eat at Primanti Brothers, but not the one at the stadium.  They are staying at the airport.  I noticed online that most of the locations are open very late - so they could eat before or after the game depending on what time they get to P'burgh.  They are looking for which location that would be between the airport (where their hotel is) and the stadium.  Thanks for the help!!

They really should go to the one in the Strip District. While it may not be the most geographically proximate, I suspect that it will have much more character. Besides, I would think that the Strip District is a wonderful place to wander around before the game. (But a Pittsburgh native would have to confirm whether the shops are open at that time.)

Mr. Kim and his friend are coming to P'burgh for the Steeler's game this Friday.  They want to eat at Primanti Brothers, but not the one at the stadium.  They are staying at the airport.  I noticed online that most of the locations are open very late - so they could eat before or after the game depending on what time they get to P'burgh.  They are looking for which location that would be between the airport (where their hotel is) and the stadium.  Thanks for the help!!

They really should go to the one in the Strip District. While it may not be the most geographically proximate, I suspect that it will have much more character. Besides, I would think that the Strip District is a wonderful place to wander around before the game. (But a Pittsburgh native would have to confirm whether the shops are open at that time.)

I'm not a Pittsburgh native, but I lived there for 16+ years.

The Strip District location is open 24/7. Definitely the one to visit.

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

I'll agree that the Strip District one would be my first rec. Second would be a tie between Market Square and South Side. The Market Square location is within walking distance to Heinz Field and PNC Park (although a bit closer to PNC). The South Side one is one of my favorites and the Station Square (no more than 2 miles from Primantis) usually offers cheaper parking a ferry for Steelers games. I don't know if pre-season counts though.