• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ramsay's Cuisine

If you are comfortable discussing it, I'd appreciate your thoughts on what you like and dislike about Gordon Ramsay's cuisine at Royal Hospital Road.

Do you continue to sample other restaurants' cuisine with some frequency, and what are your reactions to special attention you might receive? :blink:

I think that Gordons food in Chelsea is very precise and consistent.

The whole operation runs like clockwork now.

Whatever you may think of some of his past "behaviour", he has managed to mantain quality and consistency and have a three michelin starred restaurant that does not require him to be there every minute of the day meaning that he can get on with building a business.

I know that this may sound a little bit like a polotician talking but as far as I am concerned, you cannot fault the restaurant.

It is because of this amongst other things, that Gordon is not about to take risks. The point that he is at now in his career means that he has far much more to loose than to gain by any drastic change in cooking styles.

Unfortunately, I don't go out to eat anywhere near as much as I used to.

I think that I have been out to eat somethree or four times this year.

Regarding any "speacial attention" that I may get, I think that It depends on whose restaurant I am in. If it is a friend then It is quite easy for me to say how much food I want to eat. If I receive extra dishes, I quite enjoy it partly because of the surprise element.

I also tend to put myself in the chefs position and if it was a friend or professional acquaintance of mine coming to The Fat Duck, then I would want to know and send something extra.

Heston Blumenthal

The Fat Duck

The Fat Duck website