• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frogs legs in NYC

JEEZ!!!!! Of course!! Thank you so much.. I don't know why it didn't hit me earlier... any ideas of which parts of c-town would be better? ie markets on Mulberry or near the Baxter area?

Thanks alot!

BTW, any ideas for the dispatching of the live frogs once procured? The only creature I've bought live is lobster, but it's pretty easy (and there's numerous ways) to dispatch it before cooking... personally, I like the Eric Ripert method of the knife point through the head - it seems like the quickest, most human method... but I wonder if that method would be problematic with frogs since they are quite slippery, and I worry that at the slightest touch, they'd go flying across the room....