• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Corson Building

Or something like that. No previous thread here - seems like an oversight.

It's a beautiful little Italianish spot with family style suppers like no one's mama ever cooked, of my acquaintance. A wedding would be great here, though the I do's could be drowned out by the plane overhead, or the train that runs close enough to rattle the glasses. Still, got to wonder about the affordable apartments across the tracks and what they make of the weekend gatherings of strangers forking over $80 a meal (plus $30 with wine.) Are they dining on burritos and PBR up there?

There are chickens and doves in the yard, along with raised beds filled with vegetables and herbs, an elderly fig tree, currently loaded with unripe fruit, and even a peach tree bathing in the sunny Georgetown micro climate. Inside, the not so perfect walls are pierced with arched windows and protected with lovely iron grills. A fireplace awaits cooler days, and an upstairs suite waits for more attention and the possible visiting chef.

While the lighting was a bit low for old eyes, and the quantity of food and length of the meal were both too much for my tastes, the food itself was very good and the overall event a hit.

Read more about it, through another's eyes and mouth, here:

munch