• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

8 hours ago, scott123 said:

Neapolitan has historically been prepared within tight parameters- and to continue to extravagantly paint outside these lines is a huge slap in the face to Neapolitan culture and history- and a disservice to great pizza  (Continuing rant indefinitely ;) )

Man, I wonder how you feel about an apple-tini.

By the way, some/most of us get it. Some/most of us just want to produce pizza at home that's better than what 99% of the pizza joints in this country try to pawn off on their customers as pizza. Which, Naples or not, does exist in other variations.

Me - when I want Neapolitan, I can pretty much take a 10 minute walk, and it's at my disposal. Some/most everyone else; they may not be as lucky. But I bet they can get an apple-tini anywhere they go.

weinoo

weinoo

Neapolitan has historically been prepared within tight parameters- and to continue to extravagantly paint outside these lines is a huge slap in the face to Neapolitan culture and history- and a disservice to great pizza  (Continuing rant indefinitely ;) )

By the way, some/most of us get it. We just want to produce pizza at home that's better than what 99% of the pizza joints in this country try to pawn off on their customers as pizza. Which, Naples or not, does exist in other variations.

weinoo

weinoo

By the way, some/most of us get it. We just want to produce pizza at home that's better than what 99% of the pizza joints in this country try to pawn off on their customers as pizza. Which, Naples or not, does exist in other forms.