• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roswell Farmer's Market

Doodad

My wife and I were thinking about going tomorrow morning rather than make the trek all the way to the one in Buckhead.  Has anybody been and is it worth the time?

I just moved from Dunwoody, and couldn't find a convenient farmer's market. Where is this one?

Now that I'm closer to 285/75, I know I have some better options.

The AJC did a write-up recently: http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/no.../riverside.html

Roswell resident Susanne Mokros was at the market for its debut, when only a handful of vendors offered their produce, specialty foods and handmade items.

Mokros came back a few weeks later to find that the market had grown to about 30 vendors, offering everything from shade-grown coffee at a roasting house in Roswell, homemade jams, handmade soaps and homegrown tomatoes, squash, peppers, blueberries, herbs and more.

. . . .

All produce sold at the market must be local, meaning it must be grown no more than 100 miles away from Roswell. Vendors are only allowed to sell fruits and vegetables that they grow themselves.

I haven't been there yet.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

My wife and I were thinking about going tomorrow morning rather than make the trek all the way to the one in Buckhead.  Has anybody been and is it worth the time?

I just moved from Dunwoody, and couldn't find a convenient farmer's market. Where is this one?

Now that I'm closer to 285/75, I know I have some better options.

It is at the park on the river. Azalea drive which is where Roswell Rd/Hwy 9 crosses the Hootch.

It was pretty good and easy to get in and out. It is on Riverside on the east side of 400.

We got tomatoes, peppers, figs and cucumbers. The tomatoes are huge and juicy. Worth the drive if you are not far; about 30 vendors of various products. Better than the one in Alpharetta.