• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anisette Brasserie in Santa Monica

LoveToEatATL

I've eaten at Anisette when they just started serving dinner.

I sat at the bar and had the onion soup, which had very little Gruyere. The steak frites was fine. I would go again. Mind you, with Comme Ca already in place and Keller's Bouchon coming to Beverly Hills, and I living near downtown LA, it will be a while.

Interesting note: The kitchen is located upstairs.

Patti, I heard that Santa Monicans won't drive beyond the San Diego Freeway to have dinner ("It's too far."). So, what's stopping you??

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

I've eaten at Anisette when they just started serving dinner.

I sat at the bar and had the onion soup, which had very little Gruyere. The steak frites was fine. I would go again. Mind you, with Comme Ca already in place and Keller's Bouchon coming to Beverly Hills, and I living near downtown LA, it will be a while.

Interesting note: The kitchen is located upstairs.

Patti, I heard that Santa Monicans won't drive beyond the San Diego Freeway to have dinner ("It's too far."). So, what's stopping you??

OMG, RJ, that made me howl!! It is far too true.

To my chagrin, I just heard about it yesterday. Stopping by this weekend. :raz:

Patti Davis

www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com

• 3 months later...

I live in Santa Monica and much prefer Comme Ca to Anisette. I had a walk in dinner at Anisette a few months ago. I was seated at a table in the bar area. I found the food to be pretty good, but the service was lacking. I think the food, service and prices are better at Comme Ca.