• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking for help to make reservations in tokyo

Lucil

can any kind soul help me make restaurant reservations in tokyo for my trip( not so soon) .. i do not know how to speak japanese well and need someone to help me.. some of these restaurants are very very popular also.. please reply to this thread if u are willing to help..

can any kind soul help me make  restaurant reservations in tokyo for my trip( not so soon) .. i do not know how to speak japanese well and need someone to help me.. some of these restaurants are very very popular also.. please reply to this thread if u are willing to help..

Just try calling, e-mailing, and/or faxing the restaurants first. Most restaurants have at least one English-speaking person on staff who can help you. E-mailing or faxing is best. That's what you've been told on CW, right?

yes, but sushi restaurants dont usually speak in english

Have you at least tried? Regarding faxing in particular, almost all Japanese are at least literate in English. Anyway, I just found it odd that you wouldn't try asking on CH for help, first, especially since that's where you're getting all your info.