• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snow cone with marshmallow sauce

zoe b

Have you ever heard of this?

A commentator on All Things Considered did a piece on snow cones yesterday--and this was her favorite one...

She liked half cherry, half chocolate, with marshmallow sauce on top.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=92976006

Now, I love snow cones--and i've actually never even heard of a chocolate one, let alone one with marshmallow sauce--my preference has always been root beer with double syrup.

The hub and i thought the marshmallow would harden from the cold ice--I'm just not getting this at all--anyone ever try it?

Zoe

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, did this bring back memories!! As a kid we had a guy up the street who sold snow cones from his house (this was a row house area), and he had a gazillion flavors, including Egg Cream and spearmint. The chocolate cones were more expensive, but a chocolate snow cone WITH marshmallow was the epitome of snow cone dining. And, no, it didn't harden. If I could only have one now :wub:

Burgundy makes you think silly things, Bordeaux makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them ---

Brillat-Savarin

• 3 weeks later...

This is a HUGE thing here in Maryland. I've been eating it since I was a wee lass and my favorite has to be egg custard with a layer of marshmallow creme in the middle and on top.

Recently my grandparents introduced me to something called a "lollipop" in Hagerstown, MD. It's a snowball that's topped with soft serve ice cream. I had banana with the vanilla soft serve on top and holy crap was it tasty.

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA