• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stellar Bay Oysters in Vancouver?

Hi all,

Trying to find some Stellar Bay Gold oysters for a dinner I'm preparing for. Oyster Guy pointed me to Albion Fisheries awhile back but they no longer sell to the public it seems. Anyone know where I can find Stellar Bay's in Vancouver? I found Neptune Food Service has them too but again only to wholesale.

Thanks.

Edited by stoked (log)

Could it be Cortes Gold? I found this in a November 2004 Don Genova Pacific Palate post (here ):

To find out more about the smoked oysters I talked about contact David Nikleva at Cortes Gold Seafood Company. dnikleva@island.net
Edited by barolo (log)

Cheers,

Anne

Could it be Cortes Gold?   I found this in a November 2004 Don Genova Pacific Palate post (here ):
To find out more about the smoked oysters I talked about contact David Nikleva at Cortes Gold Seafood Company. dnikleva@island.net

Actually Oyster Guy told me the farm that was farming Stellar Bay Gold no longer farms them. =( So now I'm looking for a substitute.

Edited by stoked (log)