• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marco's Coal Fired Pizzeria

Went there for lunch the week before last - it was a business lunch, so I wasn't paying as much attention to the food as usual, but everything seemed pretty well turned out. Split a mixed salad and a margherita pizza with my colleague - the salad was especially nice and the margherita was solid if not spectacular. The space is nicely renovated and the owners were on site and seemed genuinely interested in making things work. Certainly worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Marco's before the Rockies game last night and will definitely be going back. We ate off the happy hour menu which was an absolute steal. 2 martinis, 1 beer, 1 order of chicken wings (which were incredible), 1 antipasta platter and 1 pizza (margherita) set us back a whole $29. The service could have been better and to be honest I found it very spotty but not enough of an issue to preclude me from going back.