• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making quick breads in the Bread Machine?

zoe b

Since I only buy kitchen appliances at the thrift store, my bread machines are always a decade behind in style.

But i just got a brand new Breadman--a present, but welcome as there has been a dearth of them in the thrifts for some reason--I was reduced to an ancient Toastmaster that could only make a one pound loaf--the woman at customer service got the giggles when I called up to see what the pan capacity was--she said, "That's an oldie, for sure."

So, this is pretty exciting--with this new one I can make zucchini bread at the touch of a button.

It came with several quick bread recipes, and i have Beth Hensberger's The Bread Lover's Bread machine Cookbook, but thought I'd ask here for tips and tricks.

And fav recipes, too!

Zoe

It came with several quick bread recipes, and i have Beth Hensberger's The Bread Lover's Bread machine Cookbook, but thought I'd ask here for tips and tricks.

And fav recipes, too!

Zoe

In that cookbook you'll find a recipe for Apple and Dried Fruit Chutney that is fabulous. I use the machine to make this more often than bread!

I pretty well follow the recipe, but I'm not real careful about what dried fruit I use (although I do try to hunt down dried pears) and I up the amount of cayenne pepper to give a bit more of a kick. I always make this for Thanksgiving – I'm not allowed to take it off the menu. It makes a wonderful condiment for sandwiches, is good with both fish and meat. Just an all-around good thing to have in the fridge. Keeps for a long time as well.

And I think you got the very best cookbook for bread machines. I just sort of worked my way through it. I love all of her bread baking books, I think I must have 5 or 6 of them.

Edited by Carole (log)

Since I only buy kitchen appliances at the thrift store, my bread machines are always a decade behind in style.

But i just got a brand new Breadman--a present, but welcome as there has been a dearth of them in the thrifts for some reason--I was reduced to  an ancient Toastmaster that could only make a one pound loaf--the woman at customer service got the giggles when I called up to see what the pan capacity was--she said, "That's an oldie, for sure."

So, this is pretty exciting--with this new one I can make zucchini bread at the touch of a button.

And fav recipes, too!

Zoe

I would also love to have one in my kitchen .

Can you post a photo of the bread maker here ( if possible ) :unsure: ?

Never seen one before .

Easy Recipes - A place to find and share cooking recipes that are easy to make.

Buy Kitchen Blenders : Online shop to order kitchen blenders for home & commercial use - All brands listed - Some items ship within 24 hrs