• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rob Connoley (gfron1) Steps Down

Chris Amirault

Rob Connoley, aka gfron1, has stepped down from his role as host after 18 months of hard work, enthusiasm, and boundless energy. You can say thanks for that dedication here in this topic.

Thanks, Rob, and good luck with the restaurant!

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Nice job, Rob, thanks! I'm looking forward to reading about all your projects. Good luck with the restaurant.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Phew- I'm just glad to know that you're human. I was starting to wonder...

Rob is one of those amazing people who can fit 48 hours of life and work into 24. It's highly admirable and insanely inspiring and intimidating as heck- and it makes everyone around him look like a slacker by comparison.

Rob is such a nice guy that he will deny that this is true-- but it is.

Ron,

I'll still scan for that wanderer in the desert, knowing the words will delight and tantalize the tastebuds.

Best wishes and much good fortune in stepping out into this new adventure. One day an order will come in for "Do you have that lovely chocolate dessert hushed with apricot?" and it will be me, come to claim a taste of that hauntingly-named confection.

I'll be the one in the BIG hat.

Thanks Rob. I know well how much goes into hosting, and I was starting to wonder when you took over the restaurant!

Oh, and thanks for giving me the kick to get the muscovado sugar. I'll never look back...

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Thank you Rob for all your contributions and good luck with your new culinary adventures. Hope you still have time to post!

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Rob-thank you for your hard work and dedication to both eGullet and your work. Please keep sharing those wonderful photos of your sweets with us. dr.

• 4 weeks later...

And I didn't notice this how?! Best of luck to you, Rob! Frankly I'm more intimidated now that there's "emeritus" stuck under your name! :raz:

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.

Don't worry, jumanggy! I didn't notice either until now.

Verjuice, I have to agree with you that he is human, and quite normal for a human as well.

Rob, glad to meet you when you were in Los Angeles. It's a joy when I can meet fellow eGullet members like you in person. BTW, if you need another LA pastry tour, please let me know.

Take care,

Russell

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...