• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Packing Individual Cookies

RuthWells

I've been using flat cello bags to wrap my 3.5" cookies, but they're just not very airtight, even when I tape them closed. I love the presentation, but I'd love them to stay fresher longer even more. I'm a home baker without a lot of pro gear -- can anyone recommend a better packaging option for me, bearing in mind that I sell the cookies individually?

Edited by RuthWells (log)

When I had my mail order/wholesale bakery I used to use high barrier bags. Doing a quick Google search for "high barrier cellophane bags" I found this and this and this.

Search around a little; what you want is a high barrier bag - one that keeps moisture from escaping or entering. If you look around you'll find some that are affordable.

You will need to heat seal the bag. You can use something like this.

It's a small investment, but well worth the effort. You can PM me about it if you like.

Good luck!

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

When I had my mail order/wholesale bakery I used to use high barrier bags. Doing a quick Google search for "high barrier cellophane bags" I found this and this and this.

Search around a little; what you want is a high barrier bag - one that keeps moisture from escaping or entering. If you look around you'll find some that are affordable.

You will need to heat seal the bag. You can use something like this.

It's a small investment, but well worth the effort. You can PM me about it if you like.

Good luck!

Eileen

Thanks, Eileen -- that's exactly the info I was after!