• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My previous post got moved to a global thread where no-one in the UK will see it so I'm trying again here.

I'm trying to find properly labelled gelatin. i.e. bronze, silver, gold, platinum. My local Waitrose has 2 brands, neither labelled with any grade information.

Where's a good place in the UK to source an accurately labelled product?

Hi Martin,

My supplier ( JPD Foods) has 1 kilo packs of Bronze at £25.00 and another supplier of mine CHef's Connection has Silver at £36.54 a kilo.

I am assuming you do not want to buy a kilo at a time!

I am currently using a kilo pack of Bronze from JPD I have just started and as I do not use very much (a pack probably lasts me 2 years!) I would be happy to let you have a couple of ounces at cost. I am in London as you are so if you want to come and have alook at it just pm me to arrange this.

Alternatively if you do want a kilo I would be happy to order it for you. Or if you want to contact them direct I can give you their numbers

Cheers

Lorna