• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Pasta

Tela T

Saveur's recent issue - fresh pasta and bolognese - great issue - and love the bolognese - but a question - how do I freeze the freshly made pasta -- or can I? Lots of flour - partially drying - help?

Live and learn. Die and get food. That's the Southern way.

Saveur's recent issue - fresh pasta and bolognese - great issue - and love the bolognese - but a question - how do I freeze the freshly made pasta -- or can I?  Lots of flour - partially drying - help?

Dust the pasta with flour, toss make 'lil round nests of pasta (about 1 portion each).

Leave out a few hours on a dish towel or similar until just a little dry, freeze on a sheet pan then bag.

I usually just freeze pasta dough in dinner for two sized balls. When I want some fresh pasta for dinner I just put it on the counter to thaw when I leave for work.

Then roll, cut etc. just prior to the pot's coming to a boil.

Jon

--formerly known as 6ppc--

Saveur's recent issue - fresh pasta and bolognese - great issue - and love the bolognese - but a question - how do I freeze the freshly made pasta -- or can I?  Lots of flour - partially drying - help?

Dust the pasta with flour, toss make 'lil round nests of pasta (about 1 portion each).

Leave out a few hours on a dish towel or similar until just a little dry, freeze on a sheet pan then bag.

I usually just freeze pasta dough in dinner for two sized balls. When I want some fresh pasta for dinner I just put it on the counter to thaw when I leave for work.

Then roll, cut etc. just prior to the pot's coming to a boil.

Thats exactly how this should be done .

Thanks for the tips .

Easy Recipes - A place to find and share cooking recipes that are easy to make.

Buy Kitchen Blenders : Online shop to order kitchen blenders for home & commercial use - All brands listed - Some items ship within 24 hrs