• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visit to St. John's NFLD

Paul B

I'll be visiting St. John's for the first time the second week of August for a conference at Memorial. I'll be staying at the charmingly named "Guv'nor" hotel. Where to eat in the city? I won't have a car, so walking distances are the best.

And please remember, as someone from Vancouver, I shall be looking for a least one lobster meal.

Thanks in advance

Paul B

Not a meal, but I always make it to MooMoo's to get the Turtle Cheesecake Ice Cream.

And the chili at Zapata's is a good memory for me, too. Not exactly authentic Newfoundland food, but still I remember it very fondly.

I heard Atlantica out in Portugal Cove is good, but I doubt you can get there without a car.

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker