• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turks & Caicos

Mambwe:

I have a friend who moved there a few years ago. This is his answer to your question:

"the locals can't afford to eat out.

I go to a place called "Caribbean delight cafe" in grace bay area. Up the street from the sever stars behind the pharmacy. stewed chicken, ox tail with peas and rice. The locals eat there. Its the best place I have found."

That may be an interesting start for you!

Take good notes on what you find.

Have a great trip.

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

Mambwe:

I have a friend who moved there a few years ago.  This is his answer to your question:

"the locals can't afford to eat out.

I go to a place called "Caribbean delight cafe" in grace bay area. Up the street from the sever stars behind the pharmacy. stewed chicken, ox tail with peas and rice. The locals eat there. Its the best place I have found."

That may be an interesting start for you!

Take good notes on what you find.

Have a great trip.

They must have mixed feelings about tourists.

I will take a look at the cafe your friend mentioned. My goal besides sitting on a beach and doing almost nothing is to try some local Caribbean food. I will take notes and post on my findings when I get back.

Edited by Mambwe (log)