• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Burgers in Paris

Felice

According to an article in today’s NY Times , burgers, the icon of American cuisine, have become quite chic in Paris in the last few months and can now be seen on just about every menu, including some of the best and most expensive restaurants in Paris. Three-star chef Yannick Alléno even serves one at Le Dali, for a whopping 35€, while Joel Robuchon serves his “burger” with slabs of foie gras.

The Nouvelle Observer’s “400 Lieux Branchés de Paris” also noted that burgers are “in” this season, so I guess there must be something to it.

The full article is below

In Paris, Burgers Turn Chic

Does anyone have favorite places for a burger in Paris?

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

No but I'd advise caution with Floors in the 18th where I ate in March that specializes in American music and food such as "Jewish chicken soup, Annie Hall pastrami, bagels and lox and Boston clam chowder [as well as]....hamburgers....made out of beef, chicken, fish and duck, with all sorts of sauces from aioli to satay or BBQ. " Not horrid but not up to US standards.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Thanks for the interesting link, Felice. I love burgers, but don't order them much here. I did, on the 4th of July, have a fine one at Joe Allen's - more pub food burger than what I imagine they're serving at some of the places listed in the article. (but, honestly, I like a good simple burger, and not sure I want slabs of foie gras on mine) Am kind of tempted by that Dali one though....but at 35 Euros, I might be waiting until I feel like splurg-y burger!

52 martinis blog

@52martinis

Coincidentally (I had not yet seen the NYT article, or this topic), I had lunch at Coco & Co today. Intrigued by the "Coco burger" listed on the menu, I asked about it, and was told it was served only on weekends -- just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wants to give it a try.

(I had a very good vegetable omelet instead, followed by a homemade yogurt that rivals my mother's, and I recommend the place. It is tiny and cute, though not in a cloying way, and the service is good-natured.)

Clotilde.

Rival , Coffee Parisien, floors?

and here's alinkthat works (without NYT registration!)

Funny, though, I thought Ducasse had nothing to do with the Relais du Parc (for years.....) although the chef may be "Ducasse-trained"

Another snafu from the NYT?

Not complaining about the article though, half of my hits today are from 'Floors' googlesearches..

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Funny, though, I thought Ducasse had nothing to do with the Relais du Parc (for years.....) although the chef may be "Ducasse-trained"

Another snafu from the NYT?

Relais du Parc is on the Ducasse website as one of his stable of restaurants. I understood his strategy was to train talent in his top restaurants then let them make their own names in the smaller restaurants which may be the case with Romain Corbière - "a young chef....trained in Louis XV in Monaco".