• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Related Tattoos - Show Your Ink

SKinCA

• 1 month later...

that cupcake that looks like the skull and crossbones design is a trademark of Johnny Cupcakes. He's pretty big here in Boston. I was actually wearing one of his shirts today...little ants in a row carrying cupcakes

I have too many tattoos on my arms, none food related. If I were to get something food related I think I would get something cute like candies, lollipops, or maybe some other kind of sweet in the sailor jerry style

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

I have an oyster with an oyster knife stuck into it.

Keep on shucking

Oyster Guy

"Why then, the world is mine oyster, which I with sword, shall open."

William Shakespeare-The Merry Wives of Windsor

"An oyster is a French Kiss that goes all the way." Rodney Clark

"Oyster shuckers are the rock stars of the shellfish industry." Jason Woodside

"Obviously, if you don't love life, you can't enjoy an oyster."

Eleanor Clark

I didn't backread; I forgot if I mentioned earlier that I've got a "flammable" flame (from the diamond you see on tanker trucks) that represents all the grill work I've done.

Tomorrow night, I go back under the needle for a new tattoo involving mixing spoons, representing my pastry/baking work. Somewhat Grateful Dead-influenced as well, hopefully I can get some good pics once it's done.

• 5 months later...

I have an olive branch, complete with olives, tattooed above my left ankle (inside). It was a gift from my brother for my 40th birthday. I wanted to get one when I was younger, but my mother would always say, "Don't do it -- you'll regret it when you're 40."

Haa! No regrets -- I love it!

Diana Burrell, freelance writer/author

The Renegade Writer's Query Letters That Rock (Marion Street Press, Nov. 2006)

DianaCooks.com

My eGullet blog

The Renegade Writer Blog

• 1 year later...

I'm on summer break from the CIA and I used the opprotunity to get a new tattoo...Its a glucose molecule made out of candy, can you guess the 3rd type of candy besides the gummy bears and candy corn?

n50313279_32575342_3773.jpg

What do you guys think?

I'm on summer break from the CIA and I used the opprotunity to get a new tattoo...Its a glucose molecule made out of candy, can you guess the 3rd type of candy besides the gummy bears and candy corn?

n50313279_32575342_3773.jpg

What do you guys think?

Nice! Is the 3rd candy an everlasting gobstopper? :biggrin:

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I know that if I had gotten tattoos like that when I was a young enthusiastic pastry student,

I'd be making that appointment for removal right about now. Either that or I'd be madly rubbing

at them with sandpaper, muttering, "What the hell was I thinking??"

It's like they say, never get your girlfriend/boyfriend's name tattooed on you because you never know how long the relationship is gonna last.

If I were to get a tattoo reflecting my experience and contribution to the pastry world, it would be a picture of a knife through the heart. :sad:

Edited to say, "Tiny, your tattoos are very cool and creative. I just hope you feel the same way about them 20 years down the line."

pastrygirl.......Hey! I have some of those caramel tattoos! I also have some cool hot-sheet-pan tattoos too.......oh.....no wait......that's scarification.....I'm confusing my body art..... :laugh:

Edited by chefpeon (log)

• 5 months later...