• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Posole I have eaten in Washington

right off I-5 heading south it is the 74th street exit take the frontage road past Bates College make a left on 84th and a right on Hosmer ..it is right there

heading North take the 84th st exit ..it is super easy to find and in an awesome location if you are traveling anywhere near the Tacoma mall that is for sure!! easy on and off I-5

they have home made tortillas ..during the week..tortas, all kinds of great tacos..flautas...all the usual for a taqueria ...and all fresh and wonderful! and on the weekend (Sat and Sun) they have goat meat tacos ...they make elotes that are to die for and the BEST Posole I have eaten in Washington state..the bowls are not big enough!!!!

no beer but a variety of soda, horchata, Jamaica and tamarindo in the machines

enjoy if you are near there or heading north or south past Tacoma

Mi Taqueria

8425 S Hosmer St #100-A

Tacoma WA 98408

Phone: 253-536-5542

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Mi Taqueria

8425 S Hosmer St #100-A

Tacoma WA 98408

Phone: 253-536-5542

I had to go down to Tacoma last thursday and if you had only posted sooner....

I do thank you for this tip though. As a Seattelite, we urban snobs tend to forget that there is life outside our traffic jams. Athough the drive down I-5 is enoughto make you want to forget.

Robert

Seattle