• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Narrow Lounge

Global

Just went to the Narrow Lounge tonight for dinner and had a great experience! It is a tiny place tucked underneath Luxcious, on the east side of Main St, between Great Northern Way/2nd Ave and 3rd Ave. There is a red light above the door, if it is on they are open for business! We had a veggie and dip plate, the dip was raita, so delicious. We also had the lamb stew, so good, there was definitely a lot of slow cooking love put into the dish! They have a great selection of beer in the bottle, as well as a great wine list, and pretty good prices. The service was great too, we ordered the lamb stew for two of us and the chef brought it out divided onto two plates without even asking! I will definitely be back to try the other great sounding dishes on the menu.

M

Thanks for this, Global. I can't picture the locale at all. Could you give a bit more detail on the type of resto (decor, casualness, price etc)?

Just went to the Narrow Lounge tonight for dinner and had a great experience!  It is a tiny place tucked underneath Luxcious, on the east side of Main St, between Great Northern Way/2nd Ave and 3rd Ave.  There is a red light above the door, if it is on they are open for business!  We had a veggie and dip plate, the dip was raita, so delicious.  We also had the lamb stew, so good, there was definitely a lot of slow cooking love put into the dish!  They have a great selection of beer in the bottle, as well as a great wine list, and pretty good prices.  The service was great too, we ordered the lamb stew for two of us and the chef brought it out divided onto two plates without even asking!  I will definitely be back to try the other great sounding dishes on the menu.

M

I know exactly where this place is...I had always thought it was defunct. I work fairly close by...maybe I'll check it out.

fmed

de gustibus non est disputandum

• 3 weeks later...

Hey greyelf,

sorry for my late response....it is right on the north east corner of main and 3rd, the door is actually on 3rd, there is a cement wall beside the door with a mural that says "Narrow Lounge", this you can only see during the daylight, but when it get dark, you will be able to see the red light bulb above the door (the light is on when it is open).

As for the decor, the website says "dark and moody but still with a sense of fun" which i think sums it up! They have a huge bar with lots of seating and a few tables, it's not that big, hence the name! They also have the most beautiful chandelier hanging over the bar. It wouldn't be my first pick on a sunny summer day, but i have a feeling we will be there a lot more often in the winter!

www.narrowlounge.com

The prices were very reasonable too, my lamb stew was $8.

Hope this helps!

M

Hey greyelf,

sorry for my late response....it is right on the north east corner of main and 3rd, the door is actually on 3rd, there is a cement wall beside the door with a mural that says "Narrow Lounge", this you can only see during the daylight, but when it get dark, you will be able to see the red light bulb above the door (the light is on when it is open).

As for the decor, the website says "dark and moody but still with a sense of fun" which i think sums it up!  They have a huge bar with lots of seating and a few tables, it's not that big, hence the name!  They also have the most beautiful chandelier hanging over the bar.  It wouldn't be my first pick on a sunny summer day, but i have a feeling we will be there a lot more often in the winter!

www.narrowlounge.com

The prices were very reasonable too, my lamb stew was $8.

Hope this helps!

M

That's great -- was just thinking about this post yesterday as we were driving along Great Northern Way.