• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best beef in Seattle

It's not prime, but the dry aged rib-eyes at Whole Foods are the best in the city, imo. And I've tried them all - believe me. Those rib-eyes are the only reason I go to WF anymore. They have dry aged NY Strips as well but they can't compare to the rib-eyes.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

Ferro's in the Market carries prime ribeyes and strips. I've bought them twice, the first was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten and the second was quite disapointing, so YMMV.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

I was at the old Aurora Village Costco last night and, once again, they have prime rib roasts for 9.99 a pound. It's not dry aged but, at half the price of the steaks at WF, it's a great deal. We cut them into steaks and "dry age" them in our refrigerator for a couple of days. It's a great value steak.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting