• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Jersey State Barbecue Championship

ChrisOC

I mentioned this on another thread, but I thought I would put it up as a new topic so more folks would see it.

July 11, 12 and 13 they are holding the New Jersey State Barbecue Championship in North Wildwood. We have been there several times and really enjoy the event. The hard part is trying to decide which vendor to buy from, it all looks great.

Are any local people into BBQ or is that more of a Southern thing?

Check it out here

Edited by ChrisOC (log)

Chris

Cookbooks are full of stirring passages

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I am into BBQ big time, and even devote a part of my site to Barbecue Links and stuff. I used to go to the national KCBS championships when they were held in Ocean City.

I didn't go this year because I did not know any of the teams competing (If you don't know any of the competitors you are stuck with paying big $$$ for skeezy BBQ from the vendors). Health codes prevent the teams from even giving away samples.

I've traveled as far as Boston and down to Raleigh (That was an eGullet event!) for good BBQ. Have you been up to the annual NYC Big Apple BBQ Block Party? I used to go when it first started but it just got too big...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak