• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Charlie Trotter Desserts

I'm looking for a quote from the CT Desserts book, it is towards the back and starts out, 'Except in ways in which we can go too far, there is no sense in going at all....'

My copy is in storage 9000 miles away, can anybody look up the rest of the quote and author for me?

much appreciated

I'm looking for a quote from the CT Desserts book, it is towards the back and starts out, 'Except in ways in which we can go too far, there is no sense in going at all....'

My copy is in storage 9000 miles away, can anybody look up the rest of the quote and author for me? 

much appreciated

Is this it? "Of course one can 'go too far' and except in directions in which we can go too far there is no interest in going at all; and only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go." quoting T.S. Elliot on page 191

Kate

much appreciated

Is this it? "Of course one can 'go too far' and except in directions in which we can go too far there is no interest in going at all; and only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go." quoting T.S. Elliot on page 191

Kate

The other option to try in future is to search with the Amazon search inside the book facility. Often it'll find it and let you view the relevant page

ta

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!