• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pho Dahn 4

vinonola

Has anyone tried the Noodle place next door to the Hong Kong Market on the west bank?

Edited by vinonola (log)

"I often wonder what the Vintners buy

One half so precious as the Goods they sell."

- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

I eat there all of the time. Family owned pho joint, and quite a good one. I usually get a small with everything on the list. A small bowl is somewhere between the size of a hubcap and Lake Pontchatrain. It's usually enough. They have good dripped coffee drinks and you can eat dessert across the way at the bubble tea place. All in all, HKM is worth a drive, just for that kind of stuff.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

I'm a fan, too. The herb plates accompanying the pho are some of the best in town. Often you'll get culantro (ngo gai) or rau ram in addition to the usual holy basil & cilantro & bean sprouts.

Has the bahn mi place located in the new strip mall across the side street from HK Market opened up? I haven't been over that way in a while, but it looked like a promising new cluster of joints, including a viet seafood restaurant. Can't remember the name of the bahn mi place, sorry.

Has the bahn mi place located in the new strip mall across the side street from HK Market opened up?  I haven't been over that way in a while, but it looked like a promising new cluster of joints, including a viet seafood restaurant.  Can't remember the name of the bahn mi place, sorry.

It's open and I've been there. Didn't blow me away. I think the Bahn Mi stand inside the Hong Kong Market is better.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I'm headed over there for lunch on Wednesday, around 12:30 if anyone is in the vicinity...

"I often wonder what the Vintners buy

One half so precious as the Goods they sell."

- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam