• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef Chris Leaves the Delachaise

MikeHartnett

Sad news, but I'm sure Chris will find a new opportunity soon.

I talked to him this weekend, and he wanted everyone to know that the Tales of the Cocktail tiki dinner, with drinks by Jeff Berry and Wayne Curtis, is still on. It's just been moved to the Country Club in Bywater.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

Yeah- his reasons for leaving are really justified, though. It was quite irritating to try and enjoy the food he labored over in the cloud of smoke hanging in that place. Also, if he really wants to go for it and be more creative and they weren't letting him, it's exciting to think about the possibilities for his next venture.

I agree, and I hope he winds up someplace where he can continue to be as creative as he was at The Delachaise.

"I often wonder what the Vintners buy

One half so precious as the Goods they sell."

- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam