• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sosa products - proespuma

danielbenhaim

has any one used this product.

i just got a gigantic jar of it alongside some other cool new powders and gadgets.

the book it came with was all in german..

anyone have any recipes for using it..

also i received some vegetable gelatin powder.. i have yet to make anythign substantially cool with it.. just some terrines.

let me know if any of you have experience with these sosa products.

Daniel

Edited by danielbenhaim (log)

From what I've gathered it is a general purpose foaming/stabilizing agent for cold foams. Mix 100g per litre of liquid, load your siphon and cool for two hours. No idea if it also will emulsify fat for eg a vinaigrette foam.

• 6 months later...

I have just got the delivery of Proespuma cold and hot (the hot is a new product for hot foams) and a jar of Isomalt.

Does anyone have recipes, ideas etc!?

A question regarding the Isomalt, do you use only isomalt when doing crystal desserts/sugar sculpts or do you ad it to "ordinary" sugar?

you can make your own foam stabilizers.

Aerators - Xanthan, Methycellulose

Emulsifier - Arabic/Acacia

Stabilizer - Agar, kappa Carrageenan

Mouth feel - Poly Glycol, Alginate, Llambda Carrageenan

Edited by chiantiglace (log)

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea