• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for 1/2 cow/pig?

I could google until my eyes cross :wacko: - but I'd rather ask here - anyone know of a good (hormone-free, grass-fed, etc.) source in the tri-state area (would even be willing to go to PA if required to get 1/2 to a 1/4 of a cow or 1/2 a pig?

Thanks...

Live and learn. Die and get food. That's the Southern way.

I don't know about the cow, but you might talk to Brian at Truck Patch Farms (Website here -- under construction but does have contact info) may be able to help you out. He's also generally at the Mt. Pleasant (DC) Market on Saturdays and Baltimore on Sundays. I've bought a whole piglet from him and I'll bet he can get you what you need, probably even butchered, if you're flexible on the timing. Not sure how "pure" it is. As you probably know there are many levels of purity in the pig business, but pretty sure it's free-range and hormone-free and completely sure it's rich and tasty.

Tell him Charles and Stephanie from Mt. Pleasant sent you.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Give Roseda Beef a call: 410-329-3068 and speak with Nathan.

www.rosedabeef.com

Their beef is excellent and I've been using and eating it for over six months now. Great people and amazing product. They should be able to provide you with 1/2 or whole steer if you so desire.