• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining options near Science Centre

I'm going to be in the Vancouver area tomorrow and am planning to take the kids to the Science Centre. I was wondering what child friendly restaurants are in the area that are open at lunch. My daughter is pretty adventurous but unfortunately my son can be a bit more difficult to please...although they are both seafood lovers. I would have loved to have hit Go Fish but as we will be on foot and taking the sky train from Richmond to the Science Centre, that won't be an option for me this trip.

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

Not too far from Scienceworld is the Swiss Bakery, which is a decent lunch stop. You can find details here: http://www.swissbakery.ca/

If you'd like to visit Go Fish you can always catch the Aquabus from Scienceworld to Granville Market. It is a pleasant ride. Details here: http://www.theaquabus.com/visitors.htm

I wouldn't expect to take Skytrain from Richmond yet. That doesn't open until next year, last I heard. You will probably want to take the B-line bus instead.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info about the aquabus, didn't realize that it went to the Science Centre. My kids haven't been to Vancouver before...other than driving through...and I think they'll enjoy it. Looks like Go Fish it is!

A truly destitute man is not one without riches, but the poor wretch who has never partaken of lobster. - anonymous

Took Vancouver's advice and took the kids over on the Aquabus to Go Fish for lunch. Ordered two pieces of halibut and chips and an oyster taco to split with the kids. It was a great lunch and my 9 year old son said it best as we were leaving, "that was the best fish and chips I ever ate...it was like heaven and earth colliding". Had a chuckle too as we were eating and he proclaimed that he was full but that the fish was too good to stop eating.

The aquabus was a great idea ... normally I just pack snacks for Scienceworld with the kids ... that or get chicken fingers and fries at the White Spot inside SW.

Sometimes i'll do double duty and hit Costco next to GM/BC place to do some quick shopping and some chicken strips/fries/pop/pizza/hot dogs ... at least it's cheap by eating out standards and I can pick up a 50lb sack of rice on the way out. hahaha.