• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fine Dining in Seattle

Salumi is closed on Monday.

Good Looking out! Ill note that - we were gonna go pick up our large order of stuff to take home on Monday before we fly home.

Does anyone know of a good bakery/chocolate shop in the downtown area?

Salumi is closed on Monday.

Good Looking out! Ill note that - we were gonna go pick up our large order of stuff to take home on Monday before we fly home.

Does anyone know of a good bakery/chocolate shop in the downtown area?

Belle Epicurean in the Fairmont is a fantastic bakery. Chocolate Box on Pine St carries a variety of local and not so local chocolates.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

OK - 1st off - THANK YOU to everyone for your great input!  I wish I could get to everything, it all looked great, but for now here is the (dining) itinerary:

Wed Oct 8th

7:30pm Crush

Thurs Oct 9th

AM - Pike Place Market Breakfast Shopping + Food Crawl (get breakfast stuff for week)

Lunch - Salumi

Dinner - Teatro ZinZanni

Fri Oct 10th

Lunch - Chinatown (ID) Food Crawl

Dinner - 7pm - Union

Saturday Oct 11th

Snoqualmie Falls and Winery tour (Columbia and Chateau St Michelle wineries)

Dinner - 7ish - Spur Gastropub

Sunday Oct 12th

Bainbridge Island

Brunch-ish - Cafe Nola

Dinner - Madoka

Monday Oct 13th

Lunch - Salumi or Fish stand

Departure 2pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING WITH YOUR GREAT LOCAL INSIGHTS! 

If anyone happens to be at these places around these times - look for the young (under 30) Hispanic couple that is REALLY scrutinizing a menu/enjoying the food.  Come up and say Hi!

Cant Wait to experience the PNW!!  :biggrin:

I would switch out Spur for Quinn's on Capital Hill. :wink: But that's just me!

Born Free, Now Expensive

OK - 1st off - THANK YOU to everyone for your great input!  I wish I could get to everything, it all looked great, but for now here is the (dining) itinerary:

Wed Oct 8th

7:30pm Crush

Thurs Oct 9th

AM - Pike Place Market Breakfast Shopping + Food Crawl (get breakfast stuff for week)

Lunch - Salumi

Dinner - Teatro ZinZanni

Fri Oct 10th

Lunch - Chinatown (ID) Food Crawl

Dinner - 7pm - Union

Saturday Oct 11th

Snoqualmie Falls and Winery tour (Columbia and Chateau St Michelle wineries)

Dinner - 7ish - Spur Gastropub

Sunday Oct 12th

Bainbridge Island

Brunch-ish - Cafe Nola

Dinner - Madoka

Monday Oct 13th

Lunch - Salumi or Fish stand

Departure 2pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING WITH YOUR GREAT LOCAL INSIGHTS! 

If anyone happens to be at these places around these times - look for the young (under 30) Hispanic couple that is REALLY scrutinizing a menu/enjoying the food.  Come up and say Hi!

Cant Wait to experience the PNW!!   :biggrin:

I would switch out Spur for Quinn's on Capital Hill. :wink: But that's just me!

Quinn's it is! checked out the website and the menu looks FANTASTIC! Might have to do both (Quinn and Spur) as the whole Gastopub idea is something that really catches my attention.

I cant even begin to say how much help you guys have been! And I realize that my description earlier might not help you single us out in a crowd and I would like to say Hi to any eGulleteers that may happen past so:

Me - Danny - 28 yo Hispanic - probably wearing a dark charcoal trench coat. 5ft 9, brn/brn with beard and goatee (full chinstrap beard and long goatee, no mustache)

She - Liz - 28 yo hisp - 5 ft 8, long wavy brown hair past shoulders and brown eyes.

Both of us sometimes wear glasses, one of the two of us will have a backpack and camera bag (looking like tourists who are having way too much fun with our food selection). Please stop us if you see us and say Hi! Maybe we can catch a drink and a bite.

:raz: