• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

toronto Night Market

rgruby

And anybody gone in the past?

Sounds like fun.

They do have a somewhat uninformative website (torontonightmarket.com)

My understanding is that this is basically a large hawker market set up in a parking lot in Markham two nights a year.

I've never been, so I don't know a whole lot more about it than that.

Cheers,

Geoff

I haven't been either, but it's (IN)famous for the stinky tofu. From what I've seen in passing and have heard, your understanding is correct. I'm not sure though what percentage of the stalls are food, but it's not 100%.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this up in case anybody is interested.

I'd love to go, but the downtowner sans car is making it unlikely.

Hoping to hear a report if somebody does go.

Cheers,

geoff

so that's where this post got moved to. Not sure why it's about baking but whatever.

I went on Saturday and got rained on pretty hard. I tried stinky tofu for the first time, didn't like it. Lineups for that were really long though.

lots of booths to see and food to try, the one standout for me were the grilled lamb skewers. Had fun though, will probably go back next year.

I don't have a ton of pics as it was too hard to juggle camera, umbrella, and food. But what I did get is posted.