• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sin Sin Chili Sauce from Singapore.

Ok..i might have posted about this a while back, but i'm trying again.

Sin Sin Chili sauces available only in singapore are fantastic stuff. I would love to get some here in the US. Nobody seems to sell it.

What i'm wondering is if there is out there a friendly Egulleter in Singapore who might be interested in shipping me a case of it. Obviously i'd pay for the product and shipping (assuming it isn't extraordinarily high), and a small fee for the service.

I like their Sweet and Sour Chili sauce, which looks like this:

gallery_15167_2548_2520.jpg

Anyone care to help me out?

I'd also love to try their Hainanese chicken rice chili sauce

thanks!

Edited by jmolinari (log)

Contact your local DHL office and ask them how much it cost to ship 35-40 lbs from Singapore to your address in USA. At least then you will have an idea of the cost. If you want to proceed, contact the manufacturer and tell them you will have DHL come get 1 case--assuming you know the manufacturer name, these days you can look up their phone number and call them. They might agree to ship you a case, and pay with your credit card, or they can give you the name of a merchant in Singapore that will do it for you. Just double-box everything. Box size will be about 15" square, if you need a box size for your DHL quote use that as a rough idea. You can prepay your local DHL office the fee then ask them to go to the factory or shop directly and fetch the parcel. You are looking at probably $300+ for this but I could be wrong. Whatever DHL charges, any other method will cost about the same. Highly unlikely you can get it done for under $200 using DHL. I have never seen that sauce but it looks interesting. It seems that around here we get Yeo's from Singapore but not much else. Good luck with the Sin Sin.