• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How early Saturday night Sitka & Spruce

I am taking a dear friend out for her birthday. My first thought was to do Sitka & Spruce which neither of us have done>

This would be mid-July. How early does one need to get there on a Saturday night in order to get two seats (communal table is a great idea)?

Thanks.

Mary

Edited by seattlemary (log)

I am taking a dear friend out for her birthday.  My first thought was to do Sitka & Spruce which neither of us have done>

This would be mid-July.  How early does one need to get there on a Saturday night in order to get two seats (communal table is a great idea)?

Thanks.

Mary

1/2 hour before it opens, at least.

Edited by tsquare (log)

Is the big table still available for reserved parties of 6 or 8 or whatever? You can't really count on it being open for sharing, if the big table is reserved, that leaves only what, 4 or 5 tables and the counter. Arrive early, flirt with the chef -if he's in a good mood : ) -, eat lots, and enjoy.