• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Cheesecake Topic

oli

29 minutes ago, Chocolot said:

wouldn't you rather kill the family than a stranger?:)

Absolutely!  😂

Definitely a gray area because it's custard, but one could convince themself that the eggs were cooked past pasteurization and if you left a block of cream cheese out overnight it would not be off by morning.  She could brulee the top to kill any surface bacteria if that helps with peace of mind.  I'd probably serve it with a caveat so anyone with a delicate system can opt out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. I want to scale down a recipe (CI's recipe) for ny cheesecake. My spring form pan is only 4 inches. The original recipe calls for a 9 inch spring form pan. It is supposed to be baked at 500 for 10 mins and then 200 for 1-1/2. How do I know how long to bake the cheesecake in a 4 inch pan? How do I scale down baking times?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...