• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boccalone Salumeria in the Ferry Building!

The Ferry Building has the shiny new Boccalone shop, they've got all sorts of delicious stuff available and a beautiful display fridge full of cured meats. Go check it out. Immediately.

I'll try and take some pictures on Saturday when I'm back at the Ferry Plaza for the Farmers Market.

Chris Cosentino and Mark Pastore from Incanto restaurant...

Boccalone website

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Chris Cosentino and Mark Pastore from Incanto restaurant...

Boccalone website

Cool. Thanks.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I was an early member of their "Meat CSA" and dropped out only because it was getting too difficult for me to haul from one side of the city to the other within a three-hour limit on alternate Saturdays.

However, I can HEARTILY recommend their Mortadella which is the most flavorful and stunning I've ever tasted.

I will gladly second the Mortadella recommendation.

Also of great interest and taste to me have been the Lardo and the Blood Sausage.

They also have a variety of sandwiches - until now - two cold panini's and one hot.

Last week, I had the hot italian sausage sandwich, served in an Acme bun with spicy peppers - I'd recommend it as a lunch option, if in the area.

Cheers

• 2 months later...