• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moroni and Brothers

Busboy

An excellent and undeservedly deserted spot up Georgia Avenue: Moroni and Brothers. I feared that a place with a growing -- if underground -- rep would have a line out the door on Fathers Day but we were the only table yesterday afternoon. Started off with some excellent tamales and then I waded into a decent -- if unspectacular -- carne deshilada while the missus grabbed a pizza. And what a pizza! I think the dough couls have been a little yeastier, but it rendered into a perfect crust, crisp and bubbly. Toppings were excellent and I enjoyed the sauce quite a bit. There was some talk around the table that M&B may be the new go-to spot for fresh pies...I'm not quite willing to go that far (DC having become a bit of a pizza paradiso in recent months) but it is certainly a contender for best in town, in addition to being the only place I know of with quality pizza and quality Salvadoran food. Bonus points for them replacing my son's pizza when it came out with cheese, contrary to his order, within minutes and without hassle. Well worth the trip uptown.

Website here.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.