• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pork Belly

Does anyone have suggestions for a good butcher, etc., where I can find cuts they don't sell at the grocery store? I needed some pork belly, and I had to drive to Hong Kong Market for it. Anywhere closer, or more meat-specific?

Does anyone have suggestions for a good butcher, etc., where I can find cuts they don't sell at the grocery store?  I needed some pork belly, and I had to drive to Hong Kong Market for it.  Anywhere closer, or more meat-specific?

I always find mine at asian markets, buy the fresh not frozen though.

• 1 month later...

I ate at Cochon last week. We parked on the street facing the side of the building and noticed a sign that they were opening what looked like a butcher shop. It said "Cochon Meats" I believe. If that is happening, that is great. We need some great butcher shops.

I was buying short ribs a few weeks ago and didn't see them. I asked the meat-cutter stocking the shelves if they had any. She pointed out the beef spareribs. I told her, no, not those, but short ribs. She said, "Look, you can either have the beef ribs, the pork ribs or the babyback ribs. That's all there is." :laugh: