• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NoRTH

From a press release I received:

Taking its cue from an Italian trattoria, NoRTH offers a fresh new approach to Modern Italian Cuisine. With sleek interiors, a sexy atmosphere, and a menu offering unique antipasti, pizzas, inventive pasta dishes and many roasted and

grilled dishes, NoRTH is the perfect spot for any dining occasion. NoRTH appeals to a variety of guests seeking a casual, hip and upbeat venue with deliciously affordable fare.

With pistachio green and white leather booths, dark wood floors, oversized bright orange lampshades and brick accent walls, NoRTH’s dining room is cool, hip and casual. Menu highlights include House Bruschetta with Crescenza Cheese, Asparagus

& Prosciutto di Parma; Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza; Strozzapreti with Mushrooms, Wilted Spinach, Toasted Pine Nuts & Parmesan Cream; and Fire Roasted Steak “Delmonico” with Creamy Spinach & Cipollini. North offers an extensive selection

of California & Italian wines by the glass, terzo or bottle, beer, and its signature Frizzante Cocktails. The fare is upscale yet approachable and prices are moderate with lunch entrees ranging from $8 to $15 and dinner entrees from $12 to $24.

For those seeking venues for private parties, business meetings or special occasions, North offers private dining rooms at several locations.

Fox Restaurant Concepts currently owns and operates five NoRTH restaurants; NoRTH Austin, TX; NoRTH Denver, CO; NoRTH Glendale, AZ; and NoRTH Scottsdale, AZ. A sixth location is planned in Leawood, KS in July 2008.

Open seven days a week at 11am for lunch and 4pm for dinner. Visit www.foxrc.com to view a complete menu.

Apparently, the Leawood location will open in July at 4579 W. 119th Street Leawood, KS 66209. (P: 913.232.5191 F: 913.232.5195) (across from the Crate & Barrel)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Taking its cue from an Italian trattoria, NoRTH offers a fresh new approach to Modern Italian Cuisine. With sleek interiors, a sexy atmosphere, and a menu offering unique antipasti, pizzas, inventive pasta dishes and many roasted and

grilled dishes, NoRTH is the perfect spot for any dining occasion. NoRTH appeals to a variety of guests seeking a casual, hip and upbeat venue with deliciously affordable fare.

With pistachio green and white leather booths, dark wood floors, oversized bright orange lampshades and brick accent walls, NoRTH’s dining room is cool, hip and casual. Menu highlights include House Bruschetta with Crescenza Cheese, Asparagus

& Prosciutto di Parma; Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza; Strozzapreti with Mushrooms, Wilted Spinach, Toasted Pine Nuts & Parmesan Cream; and Fire Roasted Steak “Delmonico” with Creamy Spinach & Cipollini. North offers an extensive selection

of California & Italian wines by the glass, terzo or bottle, beer, and its signature Frizzante Cocktails. The fare is upscale yet approachable and prices are moderate with lunch entrees ranging from $8 to $15 and dinner entrees from $12 to $24.

For those seeking venues for private parties, business meetings or special occasions, North offers private dining rooms at several locations.

Fox Restaurant Concepts currently owns and operates five NoRTH restaurants; NoRTH Austin, TX; NoRTH Denver, CO; NoRTH Glendale, AZ; and NoRTH Scottsdale, AZ. A sixth location is planned in Leawood, KS in July 2008.

Open seven days a week at 11am for lunch and 4pm for dinner. Visit www.foxrc.com to view a complete menu.

Apparently, the Leawood location will open in July at 4579 W. 119th Street Leawood, KS 66209. (P: 913.232.5191 F: 913.232.5195) (across from the Crate & Barrel)

The writer from 435-South (name escapes me) was talking about this on Walt Bodine last week. If you care to know more, I'm sure it's archived but I imagine she was quoting from the press release, not that I think of it. Someone made a joke about North being so far south and snapped me out of my trance and I realized I didn't know if she said she had eaten there, or??? :unsure:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

• 3 months later...

Jeremy went a few weeks ago. He said the atmosphere was ultra trendy and really really loud. They play techno music. He said the food was kinda average, same thing you find at all of these kinda small transplant chains. I mistakenly tried to send my dad there last weekend (he’s a strouds guy) and there was a line out the door. I don't think they’re taking reso’s

I think if he would have eaten there he would have shot me….. :blink:

It's funny what works in JoCo and what doesn't ..... :huh:

“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." - Sydney J. Harris

I think if he would have eaten there he would have shot me….. :blink:

I don't think he would have shot you. Maimed, perhaps. :raz:

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Some friends of my family ate there, I think this weekend. Their description was "if Macaroni Grill served way better food". From the way they talked about it, the similarities to Macaroni Grill were the "git 'em in, git 'em out" vibe from the staff, compounded by the abrasive weekend throngs. The food sounds decent enough, just nothing you couldn't get at other local spots minus the joy of getting elbowed to death by people acting like they are competing for a spot on a lifeboat.

Edited by Zeemanb (log)

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

There's also NoRTH tucson, which was the second one built.

I actually like it a lot, but there are uaualy some service issues.

Never go to as restaurant the first month it is open, you won't get the true feel.

Give it awhile to settle in and I think you'll find it to your liking.'They have a pretty clever wine program if the guys down here are doing it for the place in Kansas as well.

Edited by rconnelly (log)