• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in Lewes, Deleware

I am contemplating taking the ferry from Cape May to Lewes, Delaware around July 4th, and was interested in restaurant recommendations for $60 per person. My wife and I like just about every kind of food under the sun, and are interested more in good food than fancy service/decor (but we tolerate fancy decor and service, if the food is good:>).

i've eaten at most places in lewes over the last few summers and dining quality can change from season to season with new chefs. ownership changes, etc.

of all the places in lewes i would reccomend azafran. a decent cafe and lunch spot during the day, but a better than average tapas spot at night with a decent wine list. someone obviously has put some thought into the wine list and the food. definetly make areservation.

i can reccomend some other places, but frankly many are no better than average in my opinion. i have not been to the second street grill, which i have heard decent things about. this may be the most or one of the most upscale experiences in lewes.

i've eaten at most places in lewes over the last few summers and dining quality can change from season to season with new chefs. ownership changes, etc.

of all the places in lewes i would reccomend azafran. a decent cafe and lunch spot during the day, but a better than average tapas spot at night with a decent wine list. someone obviously has put some thought into the wine list and the food. definetly make  areservation.

i can reccomend some other places, but frankly many are no better than average in my opinion. i have not been to the second street grill, which i have heard decent things about. this may be the most or one of the most upscale experiences in lewes.

wkl: what is the latest word on Fish On! My wife and I have had nice meals there the past two years.

i loved fish on right after it opened. which was summer 2005? maybe 2004.

recent visits have been so so. they dumbed down the wine list just like striper bites did.

it's okay, but i wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

i loved fish on right after it opened. which was summer 2005? maybe 2004.

recent visits have been so so. they dumbed down the wine list just like striper bites did.

it's okay, but i wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Do you think they are just trying to run too many restaurants now? They also have two in Bethany, one in Fenwick, and I just read that they have a new Italian restaurant too.