• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Asian Market in Atlanta?

I was talking to someone, and they had mentioned that there was a new Asian market on Hwy 41 in Atlanta?

I tried to google it, but I was not able to find any new Asian markets. Does anyone know which one they might have been referring to?

I'd try narrowing it down a lot, actually. People in Atlanta don't usually use route numbers to give addresses, as they are generally assigned street names in metro areas, and the street names are a great deal more specific (as they tell you where along the route something's actually located).

I'm guessing that OP is, in fact, thinking about the new Super H Mart which is located right inside the perimeter at Peachtree Industrial. Peachtree Industrial is Route 141.

And yes, we're all counting the minutes. I'm not going to miss trekking all the way out to Pleasant Hill.

Can you pee in the ocean?

Unfortunately I can't narrow it any more, I was just told it was down 41. They had mentioned it in passing, but haven't had a chance to talk to them since.

I think y'all may be right, just googled H-mart and peachtree and it looks promising. I've been to the H-Mart in Pleasant hill and it's wonderful, wouldn't mind it if H-Mart moves up to Charlotte, NC though. I'm tired of driving down to Atlanta for groceries!

Near Brands Smart actually if this is the place you have been discussing ....

http://www.jwbrealty.com/peachtree/

Peachtree Pavilion is a new development off of Peachtree Road in Doraville, Ga, located next to BrandsMart USA and Hennesey Lexus. The site is strategically located near the intersection of I-285 (the Perimeter) and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard making it a highly accessible and visible location. Ingress and egress will be from either Motors Industrial Way or Peachtree Road, both located just off of Peachtree Industrial Boulevard.

Peachtree Pavilion will be anchored by a 60,000 sf Super H-Mart grocery store with an additional 105,000 sf of retail in 2 two-story buildings on the sides.

The estimated space delivery date is August 2008.

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Unfortunately I can't narrow it any more, I was just told it was down 41.  They had mentioned it in passing, but haven't had a chance to talk to them since.

I think y'all may be right, just googled H-mart and peachtree and it looks promising.  I've been to the H-Mart in Pleasant hill and it's wonderful, wouldn't mind it if H-Mart moves up to Charlotte, NC though.  I'm tired of driving down to Atlanta for groceries!

If they did not mention the "Big Chicken" it is probably not on 41. At least not on 41 any where near Marietta. ":^)

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

I'd try narrowing it down a lot, actually. People in Atlanta don't usually use route numbers to give addresses, as they are generally assigned street names in metro areas, and the street names are a great deal more specific (as they tell you where along the route something's actually located).

I'll echo that -- I have no idea what 41 would be (I've been here for 4 years). OTOH, at least it isn't a Peachtree.

"The site is strategically located near the intersection of I-285 (the Perimeter) and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard making it a highly accessible and visible location."

It is at the exit on I 285 for Peachtree Industrial Boulevard ... very simple to find on a local map ... no Big Chicken, no Highway 41 at all ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

"The site is strategically located near the intersection of I-285 (the Perimeter) and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard making it a highly accessible and visible location."

It is at the exit on I 285 for Peachtree Industrial Boulevard ... very simple to find on a local map ... no Big Chicken, no Highway 41 at all ...

I went to Hmart's website and that is their new loaction, they are also putting one in Suwanee at 85N.

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.