• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interactive restaurant Map

Dave Hatfield

As I was updating the map today I noticed two large gaps in the coverage.

The first is around Paris. Paris itself is well covered by another map, but there are no recommendations outside the city. There just have to be lots of good places within a 75 kilometer radius. Aren't there??

The other gap is around Clermont-Ferrand. Don't understand why as many eGulleteers visit this region.

In any case this is a plea for write ups on restaurants you like in either of these areas. Or, for that matter, anywhere else that hasn't been caught yet.

All write ups will be put on the map.

Also, in general I'm also looking for tips on places to avoid.

Thanks for all help.

Dave this is such a nice service you are providing.

One place we love and which makes an easy 1st overnight stop when we rent a car at CDG to head out into the provinces is the Auberge du Chateau in Dampierre-en-Yvelines. It is only about 35km from Paris and only has a few rooms, but their restaurant "Le Table des Blots" is excellent. If time permits, there is a splendid chateau right across the street well worth a tour.

Edited by Laidback (log)

Dave this is such a nice service you are providing.

One place we love and which makes an easy 1st overnight stop when we rent a car at CDG to head out into the provinces is the Auberge du Chateau in Dampierre-en-Yvelines. It is only about 35km from Paris and only has a few rooms, but their restaurant "Le Table des Blots" is excellent. If time permits, there is a splendid chateau right across the street well worth a tour.

Thanks for the kind words and the recommendation.

Its now on the map. I'm looking for more.

Thanks again.