• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate whipped cream frosting

Pucca

So last night, I baked my chocolate stout cake (from epicurious) and prepared the ganache. However, since the ganache is just whipping cream and chocolate, I want to whip it up with electric beaters to increase the volume and to make it lighter. I'd like to serve it tomorrow night. I was thinking about preparing it during my lunch break, but will the whipped cream frosting be stable long enough to last through the afternoon? I don't have meringue powder w/me. Any tips? Or should I just leave work early tomorrow to prepare the cake? Thanks.

Ooops! I read your title and replied to chocolate whipped cream, which is different from ganache; missed the part about it really being ganache. So sorry. What they said is absolutely correct - a whipped ganache will work perfectly and be quite stable.

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow