• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

National Doughnut Day

joiei

Head on down to your local Krispy Kreme tomorrow for your freebie

Could there be a SWEETER DAY of the year?

On Friday, June 6th, Krispy Kreme will celebrate National Doughnut Day by offering customers a FREE doughnut of their choice in participating stores throughout the U.S.  So, stop by and celebrate National Doughnut Day with Krispy Kreme and have a doughnut on us!

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Head on down to your local Krispy Kreme tomorrow for your freebie 

I would if the only KK in town hadn't gone out of business. :sad:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 2 years later...

Tomorrow is National Doughnut Day.

Is anyone going to have a special celebration?

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

By the way, what is everyone's favorite doughnut?

I don't eat doughnuts oftern, but when it comes to DD vs KK, I prefer a plain, glazed KK hot off the line - but there are no longer stores in my area.

I've also been known to enjoy an Entenmenn's doughnut - not even the crumb topped or chocolte coated ones that everyone else seems to love, but the completely plain ones (or maybe powdwered sugar).

But in the end, I don't think you can beat a home made one, topped with cinnamon and sugar.

Dunkin Donuts is also giving away freebies, but I you are required to buy a beverage first. But who doesn't like coffee anyway?

Well, I don't like coffee - but I enjoyed an iced tea with my Dunkin' Donut!

After frying doughnuts for a couple of years in my mom's bakery back in the mid-'50s, I didn't look at a doughnut for about fifty years.

I like plain cake doughnuts if they are not too greasy and I like churros. Otherwise nada.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I celebrated with a packaged of Mrs. Bairds powdered donuts that were procured from an office vending machine. Not exactly a artisan product, but it I think it counts. :cool:

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"