• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Bulk Olive Oil

I cook a lot with olive oil so would like to find a good source to buy it in 3l, 5l or more quantities, both for convenience and for economy.

This will be for everyday cooking (so won't be replacing those special single estate oils one drizzles over expensive ingredients) but I would like it to be of sufficient quality to use in salad dressing, over fish etc.

I will also fry with olive oil so any non extra-virgin oil recommendations would also be good.

Anyone know a good UK source to purchase olive oil in bulk?

I cook a lot with olive oil so would like to find a good source to buy it in 3l, 5l or more quantities, both for convenience and for economy.

This will be for everyday cooking (so won't be replacing those special single estate oils one drizzles over expensive ingredients) but I would like it to be of sufficient quality to use in salad dressing, over fish etc.

I will also fry with olive oil so any non extra-virgin oil recommendations would also be good.

Anyone know a good UK source to purchase olive oil in bulk?

Blimey I get 2 posts to respond to in the same day!

Just bought 6 x 3l cans from Elanthy, website below. They only do one oil, it's an EVOO from Greece and it's a very lovely all rounder. Lovely drizzled over your sea bass fillet. It makes sense and saves a fortune in Waitrose.

http://www.elanthy.com/welcome.asp

Guys, - thanks for the tips. I am a big fan of greek oils even though I mostly use the oil in Italian dishes. Now the dilemma is just to decide between the two brands...

we have a very good "basic" extra virgin olive oil which we sourced especially for some of our restaurant customers - it comes in 5ltr tins and we sell it retail for £23 - comes to £4.60/ltr.

-che

edit: it is called "Il Podere"

Edited by CheGuevara (log)