• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bomba Calabrese Italian Condiment

Last fall, on a trip to Italy we bought this Italian condiment. It turned out to be highly addictive and useful in many dishes. It has hot peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, olives and is great on pasta and crusty bread. We have been looking for it ever since. This is what it looks like. (I have come to understand that there are a few companies that make it.)

gallery_1900_5272_17381.jpg

We have searched Manhattan high and low for this item without success.We will be back again on Saturday. If anyone has seen it in Manhattan, please speak up. We would love to hear about it!!

Many Thanks,

HC

edited:

I noticed that I misspelled condiment in the subject line, but am unable to correct it. Oh, well.

Edited by HungryChris (log)

We have tried DiPalo's, Zabar, Fairway, Citarella and the international market on 6th and 55th as well as a few more names that escape me. I remain hopeful that it is there, but just needs to be found.

HC

�As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy, and to make plans.� - Ernest Hemingway, in �A Moveable Feast�

Brooklyn, NY, USA

mjr,

I had that one, but appreciate the effort. I have the dominate "CP" (cheap pr!<k) gene that makes me want to avoid the shipping cost, but will pull the trigger on it if I find no cash and carry supplier.

You guys have been great, keep up the good work!

HC