• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mia Famiglia Deli in Millburn

Beth E.

Got to tell you all that I love this place for a quick sandwich. It's a little Italian deli. The owner and his wife are lovely folks -- as are their employees. Their eggplant wedge sandwich is a favorite of mine. It's lightly breaded and fried eggplant on a wedge of a sandwich with smoked mozzerella, roasted peppers and arugula. It's $5 for a nice sized sandwich. They have a muffuletta sandwich and a sandwich called the Sporka-joe. They have sausage, ravioli (fresh and frozen) and soup too. There are daily specials including a fritatta of the day, soups and salad specials.

For the home pantry they have oils, vinegars, dried pastas, tomato products etc.

They are located at 277 Main Street, Millburn, NJ 07041

• 1 month later...

Ditto for that Beth, I just told the owner today about your review here he was very pleased to here about it. Have you seen the NY times review? The review was ++++. It is posted on the front door. I too love the wedge (had it today) and the A & B salads. In a weak moment the Tiramisu is fantastic. Positive Karma in this place and the line moves real quick! Kudo's to all.

Got to tell you all that I love this place for a quick sandwich. It's a little Italian deli. The owner and his wife are lovely folks -- as are their employees. Their eggplant wedge sandwich is a favorite of mine. It's lightly breaded and fried eggplant on a wedge of a sandwich with smoked mozzerella, roasted peppers and arugula. It's $5 for a nice sized sandwich. They have a muffuletta sandwich and a sandwich called the Sporka-joe. They have sausage, ravioli (fresh and frozen) and soup too. There are daily specials including a fritatta of the day, soups and salad specials.

For the home pantry they have oils, vinegars, dried pastas, tomato products etc.

They are located at 277 Main Street, Millburn, NJ 07041

Edited by Bruce Fanz (log)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who knows about that place. Although when I stop in for lunch I can see that I'm not the only one who knows about them. The line moves quickly though so I'm not complaining. And they have a lot of repeat customers who they seem to know -- which is always nice to see.